Monday, May 01, 2006

A Friend in CA.

I have a friend in Central California that is a bit over weight. She has looked into going through surgery to get a tuck and or a band, at her husband's request, but is not happy with what she has seen and heard. Her husband a many years is demanding that she go do it, even though it will put them in financial straights for a while. He isn't listening to her concerns and her desire to not go through with it.

Do you think a spouse should be demanding something like this? Do you feel either procedure does any good?

My thoughts are if my friend want's to do this, she should go for it, ONLY after looking it over in very detail she can. Personally I'd not do it, and I probably could now. I'll walk more, I'll eat better, etc. (And I already am.) Now in her case, there may be some medical issues in play keeping her from more exercise, etc. But still, I think *she* should control what happens to her body. Now, a spouse can give their feedback and thoughts, but should not demand something like this.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK if the person in question is like many we see on the TV and net, and is just a fat bastid with no excuses then yes stomach stapling seems to help. I mean, it replaces the mind's natural aversion to actually adjusting one's diet and actually getting one's arse off the couch and switching OFF the TV. If there is a medical condition that has lead to one being rather large then expert advice is required. I am not personally obese but I have lived the life of "if it's unhealthy then eat it" and I'm currently on a healthy input kick. To anyone who lives life like I have been I say... It's not as bad and you can still have your treats, just make sure you drink lots of water and get some fruit and blah blah down your neck. end rant!

Cynthia Rose said...

for a spouse to insist on weight loss surgery or plastic surgery or any surgery that is not a life saving procedure is just well scary

Unknown said...

My thoughts on the matter are that your friend needs to get a backbone!

I would never subject myself to surgery for SOMEONE ELSE.

Crazy.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. :-)