Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Friday, May 31, 2013
Thursday, April 11, 2013
Saturday, January 05, 2013
The US is at an impasse in the life of it's finances. BOTH major parties are wrong on the whole issue!! There are ways of fixing our issues here in the US:
1. End all "Loopholes" in the US Tax system.
2. Set a flat rate of tax on all people, regardless of their income levels. Everyone pays the same level, say 10-15%, what ever level that makes the most sense for the US.
3. End the retirement program for our Senate and Congress, and install the money left in the program into the Social Security system. This needs to be immediate. This needs to include the retirement of those that only served for a term or so.
4. Don't allow the Senate and Congress be a life job, but a one term job in which THE PEOPLE fill the position for say 6 years. This this isn't done, make the job a FULL year long, and stop the long recesses, which were originally put in place for the purpose of allowing THE PEOPLE to go back to their farms, ranches and/or businesses and keep them in order. Since these folks "business" now IS government, they don't need the time off like they use to.
5. Stop "lending" money to other countries, and stop ending interest on the money owed to us. Many countries were loaned a LOT of money from us, but we forgave them the interest and then forgave the loans, to the tune of several BILLION dollars total. Look at Mexico, Japan, Germany and other countries, even as current as Iran/Afghanistan, etc.
6. Collect any and all monies, or at least start the process of aggressively collecting, owed us by other nations.
7. Begin reviewing all of our "entitlement" programs and start the process of reducing/removing these programs as is appropriate for the betterment of the Nation. Many programs need to be revamped, redone and removed in many cases.
These are just the beginning steps though. Much more must be done. First and foremost we must begin helping each other, paying attention to each other, and then we need to take care of ourselves as well, not wanting others to take care of us.