Wednesday, April 19, 2006

In Memory Of...

... Don McCoy, who passed away last night about 2030 hours. He had a long life and was a great man from what little I knew of him.

I met him for the first time last December when I came down to Pompano Beach to "interview" for my new job. He and his wife Eileen took me in and found a house for me, made initial contact with the landlord, took me to look for furniture, etc. Great couple!

Don went out of his way every today to do things for me which I found to be very nice and helpful!

I only wish I could have gotten to know him better and for much longer!

May his being rest in peace in the Happy Hunting Grounds and may Eileen relish in the memory of their past together and not the sadness of loss!

Aho Don!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

It's funny how an unexpected kindness can leave us with such an impression. Imagine if more people went out of their way to help others like that. :)

Thanks for sharing.

Don said...

Yes, kindness in any form, is a great thing, and the impressions from kindness bestowed on one is often lasting because it happens so infrequently...