Thursday, December 09, 2004

Space Safety

Had a VERY interesting day today!

A few weeks ago I was invited to sit on a high level review of an investigation of the current Space Safety as requested by the Space Shuttle Children's Fund. I was one of about 20 people, and the only person present that was not in the Space Industry. (I was asked to come based on my Computer Science background/PhD and for my VC/Finance background.)

The information presented was very interesting and the talks we had about improving the data presentation and recommendation for improvement on the Safety in Manned Space Flight, was well worth the day. The players present were some pretty strong players in the industry, and I am confident that the report will be heard by the powers in play at the time of release early next year!

I hope I get invited to the next such review of status, and I hope I get to do this in other areas as well!!

Dr. Pepper (he knows who he is, not the one from the songs. ;)), I'd love to do the same with your group!!

No comments: